Alex joined Cuneo, Black, Ward & Missler in 2015 and has experience with both criminal and civil law. He currently practices workers’ compensation defense, including Serious & Willful misconduct and 132a petitions.
Alex represents public agencies and self-insured employers, with a concentration on representing insurance carriers.
Alex focuses some of his practice on resolving outstanding liens on pending workers’ compensation cases. He has a particular expertise in assessing the compensability of the underlying claim and evaluating the validity of the outstanding liens. He aims to swiftly resolve all liens and prides himself on his ability to resolve lien claims that have gone unresolved for years.
What is the most interesting case you handled?
Alex recently closed a case with a 2003 date of injury that involved issues relating to temporary disability with no lifetime cap due to the date of injury. The case also included ongoing medical care which included a recommendation for a significant surgery. After thoughtful negotiations, Alex got the case resolved through a compromise and release.
If not a lawyer… Indiana Jones.
Alex S. Harary
Cuneo Black Ward & Missler
700 University Avenue, Suite 110
Sacramento, CA 95825
Tel: (916) 363-8822
Fax: (916) 363-8821
Professional & Bar Association Membership:
- State Bar of California
- State Bar Workers’ Compensation Section
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Sacramento County Bar Workers’ Compensation Section
- Association of Workers’ Compensation Professionals
- Valley Industrial Claims Association
- University of California at Santa Barbara Bachelor of Arts, June, 2003
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, CA
Juris Doctor and Capitol Certificate in Public Law and Policy, May, 2010
- Law Review: Legislative Staff Writer, McGeorge Law Review, 2008-2009
- Dean’s Honor List, 2008-2009
- Witkin Award, Spring 2009
- Admitted to California State Bar, December 2010
- Volunteer at Legal Services of Northern California
- Legal Research, Volunteer Attorney, Sacramento County Public Defender
- Attorney, Children’s Law Center of Sacramento
- Outside counsel at J W Thomas, LLC